NEXEO SOLUTIONS is currently seeking a Formulation Chemist - HI&I with experience in laboratory procedures, and formulation development and testing methodologies. The Formulation Chemist will be a key contributor to the advancement of "Nexeo's value added services to our customers and suppliers."
The ideally qualified candidate will:
- Manage customer projects, product development and application testing for a wide range of performance materials including detergents, floor care, and hard surface.
- Formulate from concept to finish.
- Understand each ingredient function and its use.
- Perform key application tests to substantiate product claims
- Define key performance indicators for new products and identify benchmarks against which to evaluate performance. Identify and develop, where necessary, methods to evaluate technical performance. Use statistical tools when necessary to monitor key product parameters.
- Draft initial formulation for each new products. Keep the product cost and manufacturing feasibility in mind throughout the development process.
- Conduct technical testing to evaluate product performance, including:
Advise both company and customers of any potential safety and regulatory issues associated with the formulation or production of a new product idea. Research current government and industry regulations and keep.
Conduct patent searches when necessary to both aid in development and avoid property infringement.
Communicate with Product managers and Market Managers to stay updated on new raw materials and innovative products.
Prepare laboratory batches for customers and/or Sales & Marketing as necessary.
Maintain weekly contact with Sales & Marketing to keep them updated on project progress.
Bachelor of Science in chemistry or related science
Strong knowledge base and understanding in cGMP and GLP
3+ years experience as a R&D formulator in laundry, kitchen warewash, sanitation and vehicle care
Work experience consisting of new formulations, reverse engineering and minor reformulation.
Computer literacy: MS-Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Power Point).
Please apply by emailing your resume to: