Car Care World Expo
| Frank Lash, ICA president, addresses the Annual Business Meeting.
|Saturn Aura - the Most Washable Car 2007
The Las Vegas Convention Center was the venue for the International Carwash Association’s Car Care World Expo 2007. The event took place March 26-28.
Frank Lash, the president of the ICA, presented the State-of-the-Industry address during the Annual Business Meeting and Opening Breakfast on Monday, March 26. Several awards were presented during the meeting. For the second year running, the ICA bestowed its highest honor, induction into the Car Wash Hall of Fame, on two individuals. This year, the inductees were Chuck Howard of Autobell Car Wash, Charlotte, NC and Vic Odermat of Car Wash Enterprises, Seattle, WA.
Maxi Awards — recognition for achievements in advertising - were presented to the following:
- Print Category — Benny’s Car Wash and Oil Change, Baton Rouge, LA;
- Radio Category — Jet Pro Auto Wash, Wenachee, WA;
- Web Category — Hoffman Car Wash, Albany, NY;
- TV Category — Super Clean Tunnel Wash, Rapid City, SD.
Several other awards were presented during a Leadership Luncheon held the following day:
- The Community Service Leadership Award went to the
Puget Sound Car Wash Association, Seattle, WA;
- The Industry Leadership Award was presented to Humphrey Tyler, Professional Carwashing and Detailing magazine, Latham, NY;
- The Leadership in Innovation Award went to Robert Hodge, Western Peak, LLC, Medical Lake, WA;
- There were four recipients of the Distinguished Service Award: Bruce Arnett, Carnett’s, Inc., Lilburn, GA; Jim Belanger, Washpro Consulting, Northville, MI; Sherman West, A1 Doors & Heating Systems, Joliet, IL; and Jack Anthony, 7 Flags Carwash, Vallejo, CA.
Car Care World Expo moves to Orlando FL for 2008. The event will take place April 8-10 at the Orange County Convention Center. For information, contact the International
Carwash Association at (888) ICA 8422, (312) 321-5199, or visit CarCareCentral.com.