Car Care World Expo 2009
| Eric Wulf, executive director of the International Carwash Association welcomes car washers at the Annual Membership Meeting.
|Lisa Lyons, ICA president, delivers the State-of-the-Industry Address.
Car Care World Expo, the International Carwash Association’s annual presentation of everything car wash, took place April 1 - 4, 2009 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV.
While the total attendance figure of 6,550 may have disappointed some, others were heartened by the turnout of serious buyers, particularly given the economic circumstances. The association reports that 317 exhibitors — 47 of which were new to Car Care World Expo — filled 124,000 square feet of floor space at the trade show.
Several awards were presented at the Annual Membership Meeting and Breakfast on April 2:
- Dr. Joseph Enning, owner of the Mr. Wash chain of car washes in Germany was honored (in absentia) with the Brian Campbell Innovation Award
- Laurie Sherman of Bristol, PA-based Blendco Systems, LLC was presented with the Association Leadership Award
- Bill Sartor of Quality Car Wash Inc., San Antonio, TX received the Environmental Leadership Award
- James Belanger of Belanger Inc. was posthumously inducted into the Car Wash Hall of Fame — the ICA’s highest honor.
The ICA announced the names of the 2009 Scholarship recipients in its show publication, Expo Daily News:
- Brandon Byars, Autobell Car Wash, Garner, NC
- Adrianne Carpenter, Unitec Electronics, Elkridge, MD
- Sara C. Newell, Delta Sonic Car Wash, Erie, PA
- Brett James Schoell, Delta Sonic Car Wash, Naperville, IL
- Richard Gallagher, Briteway Car Wash, Marshfield, MA
- Joshua Jordan Ritter, Mike’s Carwash, Indianapolis, IN (Larry Harrell Scholarship)
Car Care World Expo 2010 will again take place in Las Vegas. The show is scheduled for May 12 - 15 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. For information, contact the International Carwash Association at (888) ICA-8422, (312) 321-5199, or visit www.carwash.org.