The Western Car Wash Show 2013
The Western Car Wash Show, presented by the Western Carwash Association, took place September 11 and 12 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, CA. It was the show’s third successive — and, for now, the last — year at this venue. For 2014, the Western Car Wash Show returns to its traditional home: Las Vegas.
The event kicked off on Wednesday, September 11 with a packed educational program, including the ever-popular roundtable
discussion groups, which allowed attendees to rotate among a dozen or so roundtables, each set up to cover a different car wash issue. Further education, this time of the nuts-and-bolts variety, was
available right on the trade show floor during exhibiting hours. The International Detailing Association once again presented a full-day program to fill detailers’ specific needs.
The opening reception on Wednesday was held on the tradeshow floor and was followed by a San Diego harbor cruise.
Several awards were presented during the luncheon on Thursday:
- Sheldon and Shell Grossman of Bixby Knolls Car Wash in Long Beach, CA received the Community Service Award.
- One of two Distinguished Service Awards went to David and Juan Olsen of Pinky’s Klassy Kar Wash in Antioch, CA.
- Ron Walker of Green Mountain Car Wash in Lakewood, CO accepted the second Distinguished Service Award.
- Alex Shakouri of Lakewood Car Wash in Lakewood, CA was named Rookie of the Year.
- The Manager of the Year of the Year Award was presented to Donna Cox of Shining Times Car Wash in Safford, AZ.
- Mike Levin of Coast Commercial Credit was honored with the WCA’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
The Western Car Wash Show moves back to Las Vegas in 2014. The event is scheduled for October 29 and 30 at the Rio. For more information, call (800) 344-9274 or (916) 235-4135 or visit www.wcwa.org on the web.