The 30th Northeast Regional Carwash Convention (NRCC), September 23-25, was the biggest in the history of the annual trade show.
The 30th Northeast Regional Carwash Convention (NRCC), September 23-25, was the biggest in the history of the annual trade show. The event, held at the Atlantic City Convention Center, broke all-time records with 348 exhibits and 1,847 attendees.
The three-day event kicked off on Monday afternoon with a well-attended virtual car wash tour hosted by Hoffman Car Wash’s Tom Hoffman.
The show got into full swing on Tuesday with educational content followed by the opening of the show floor. The day began with the traditional Early Bird Breakfast followed by sessions on “Using Your Carwash Branding to Build a Safety Culture” and “5 Ways to Upgrade Your Business’ Content Strategy.”
Moo Moo Car Wash’s John Roush keynoted the event when he spoke on “The Culture of Care.” Roush, who operates multiple locations in Ohio shared his knowledge of customer service in a lively and informative presentation.
Following the keynote, the annual awards luncheon honored those individuals that continue to have a major impact on the industry. The award winners were:
• Emerging Leader, Carlos Robledo, AquaTech Car Wash Solutions Germantown, MD
• Guiding Light, Sandy Murphy, Professional Carwashing & Detailing Magazine.
• Emerging Leader, Shane Alden, Hoffman Car Wash in Albany, NY
• Most Distinguished Person, Tom Hoffman, Jr., of Hoffman Car Wash in Albany, NY
• Most Distinguished Person, Jeff Gold of Buckman’s Car Wash in Rochester, NY
• Most Distinguished Person, Brett Benderson of Delta Sonic Car Washes in Buffalo, NY
• Hall of Fame, Kevin Detrick, Innovative Control Systems/Sparkle Car Wash, Stroudsburg, PA
The show floor was open for more than five hours of product exploration and networking following the awards banquet. Tuesday was capped off with the annual Welcome Reception at the Borgata’s Water Club sponsored by ICS. On Wednesday the event came to a close with five more hours of show floor.
Atlantic City will once again play host to NRCC next year, October 5-7, 2020. To learn more and to view this year’s seminars visit nrccshow.com